Tristar Worldwide is recruiting a Road Safety Manager. Roles include:
- To ensure that Tristar Chauffeurs are driving to the highest standards and to identify by means of regular assessments any under performance issues and support the Performance Management programme as necessary.
- To actively seek to reduce the “at fault accident” rate but also to improve the incident reporting process. The role will be integral to the hiring of new chauffeurs as well as assessing the standards of any Head-Office employee who use company cars on a regular basis.
- This role will be responsible of managing a team of Institute Advance Motoring (IAM) Assessors ensuring consistency of assessing standards.
- Ensure the operation is fully compliant with the Road Traffic Act.
Key deliverables of the role:
- Ensure department complies with all Road Safety and UK Domestic Driving guidelines.
- To carry out regular driving assessments, offer mentoring coaching and advice as deemed appropriate.
- Giving direction and monitor driving performance of chauffeurs.
- To assist the Chauffeur Managers (CM) in ensuring the department runs efficiently and effectively. Proactively motivating the team to achieve planned targets and deadlines by providing guidance and encouragement.
- To ensure the IAM Team achieves operational driving assessments with targeted daily and weekly KPI’s.
- Ensure the IAM Team, as well as the chauffeurs drive to a standard which is mutually beneficial to the customer and the company.
- To ensure the department provides a quality first class service to the customer.
- To ensure the department operates within the legal constraints of the site operator’s licence.
- Ensure the operation is fully compliant with DVLA, PCO legislation, including company tachograph policy and client SLA’s.
- Ensure the operation complies with the Road Traffic Act.
- Ensure department complies with health and safety legislation.
- Ensure any disciplinary action is carried out following company procedures and aim to resolve grievances on a day-to-day basis by leading by example.
- Ensure effective communication throughout the operation communicating planned requirements providing information on performance, company news and procedures.
Essential Knowledge & Skills:
- Qualified Institute Advance Motorist Instructor and/or Qualified Advance Driving instructor.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Excellent PC skills.
- An analytical personality with a strong sense of “attention to detail”.
- Demonstrable common sense approach to problem solving.
- Previous experience of managing employee investigations, disciplinary, performance and grievance procedures Experience of supervising / managing a team.
- In depth experience in transport operations with full knowledge of transport legislation.
- Ability to work in an ever changing environment and to be able to multi-task
Desirable Knowledge & Skills
- Membership of the Driving Instructors Association.
- Membership of ROSPA.
- Working knowledge of the rule regarding Public Carriage Office (PCO).
- Experience of investigating minor incident and/or accidents.
- Experience within the Road Passenger Transport arena.
- Holder of a Private Hire Licence.
- Experience of working within a unionised environment.
Behavioural competencies expected:
- Open and Candid Dialogue. Promotes an environment that fosters openness, trust, and respect by:
- Encouraging open debate / two-way communication.
- Active listening.
- Challenging and accepting challenges.
- Removing barriers to effective communication.
- Leveraging diversity of thought and people as part of the business process.
- Creating communication channels that allows input from all levels.
A Disciplined, Evidence-Based Approach.
- Makes decisions based on sound principles.
- Uses common metrics for key business processes across the organisation to measure performance and set objectives.
- Weighs pros and cons of alternative courses of action before deciding on what approach to take
- Holds self and others accountable for achieving agreed performance expectations.
- Acknowledges and learns from successes and failures.
- Engages in self-development.
- Makes decisions that benefit the entire company, recognising the matrix environment.
- Addresses performance issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Actively encourages others to exercise individual responsibility and judgement related to the team’s objectives
External Department Focus
Understands, anticipates, and acts on:
- Customers’ and consumers’ needs and expectations.
- Stakeholders’ expectations and needs.
- Internal and external best practices
WHAT TO DO NOW IF YOU’RE INTERESTED IN APPLYING:
Please send your CV and cover letter for the attention of Martin Lieu in the Human Resources Department at email@example.com